In August, numerous blockchain occasions equivalent to Korean Blockchain Week, Buidl Asia 2022, and Eth Seoul will likely be held in South Korea. Leaders of the blockchain industry, together with Ethereum, Polygon and Solana, will go to South Korea to take part in these occasions. But why do key blockchain corporations have their eye on South Korea at a time when Web3 is choosing up steam?
Excellent Web3 infrastructure
The South Korean market has been creating its IT infrastructure repeatedly since the 2000s. As the fastest-growing market in Asia, South Korea creates video games equivalent to Battlegrounds, The Legend of Mir, Summoners War, and international, trend-setting tasks equivalent to Icon and Line. Overseas protocols have acknowledged this infrastructure and now maintain massive conferences and hackathons in South Korea to construct tasks and provide builders.
Global curiosity in South Korean content material
South Korea is a content material powerhouse. It had been a very long time since South-Korean-made content material took the lead in the international market, particularly in the Asian market. However, the wave of prevalence and international demand for South Korean content material — or Hallyu — has been taking maintain over the previous 20 years as numerous forms of content material equivalent to Okay-pop, Korean movie and drama collection are launched to the world market. Currently, that wave is increasing into video games, new media, and esports to create a worldview, whereas international content material corporations equivalent to Netflix are creating methods for coming into the South Korean market by partnering with home operators to safe Okay-content. While the significance of Korean content material is rising in the blockchain market, funding and curiosity in securing content material are increasing as worldwide competitors intensifies.
Korean NFT introduces home and overseas NFT artists and tasks, offering academic onboarding that allows Korean content material to stably settle into the Web3 market, numerous NFT neighborhood occasions and training, artwork curations and mission manufacturing, and consulting and options for NFT tasks. Some of Korean NFT’s initiatives are:
- Samsung 837X NFT Times Square billboard in New York City — a collaboration mission with Korean NFT artist So Youn Lee with Samsung 837X and Nouns DAO to embellish the predominant billboard in Times Square throughout NFT NYC.
- An NFT NYC 2022 panel discuss — a dialogue about artwork and neighborhood, with Korean NFT taking part as the closing speaker of the whole NFT NYC occasion.
- The Rarible X Korean NFT International Women’s Day curated drop and exhibition on
- Crypto.com titled “Peacheeze” and in collaboration with artist Fried Friday, which bought out at launch.
- Punkism Paris exhibition with IHAM gallery and Museum of Crypto Art.
- Oasis NFT Exhibition — Korea’s first VR Metaverse NFT exhibition with 88 artists. This occasion sparked a leap in VR expertise, with extra exhibitions utilizing the Metaverse house following.
- COEX Exhibition — an occasion informing the public about NFT expertise by a collaboration contest with Xeno NFT.
Donglee Han, CEO of Korean NFT, stated, “In communication with large protocols in the blockchain industry, I felt the need for networking events to make a point of contact with Korea. I decided to organize a networking event to bring together different communities and brands around the world.”
HY NFT Seoul
The NFT networking occasion HY NFT Seoul will carry home and worldwide protocols, blockchain officers, neighborhood members, artists, collectors and influencers taking part in blockchain occasions held in South Korea. Partners embody Polygon, Cointelegraph, SBI NFT, Lambda 256, all of which work collectively to help the neighborhood and tradition in South Korea’s flourishing Web3 market. HY NFT is a networking model of Korean NFT, first launched at NFT NYC in New York City, which conducts energetic networking between abroad protocols and home and overseas writers and firms. HY NFT Seoul will likely be held at Samantha 535-8 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on Aug. 6, 2022, the place networking classes, occasion introduction and NFT artwork exhibitions will likely be held. Many corporations main the NFT market with Korean NFT are anticipated to take part.