Get your day by day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying beneath the radar of in the present day’s crypto information.
- Financial companies group DBS in the present day introduced a partnership with Open Government Products (OGP), a tech staff throughout the Singapore Government, to launch a stay pilot the place purpose-bound money-based vouchers (PBM vouchers) are issued utilizing tokenized SGD to facilitate “real-world” stay transactions with chosen retailers, mentioned the press launch. This types a part of Project Orchid, an business effort led by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), to develop the expertise infrastructure and technical competencies to allow a programmable digital Singapore greenback (DSGD).
- Hong Kong has introduced plans to launch a crypto exchange-traded fund (ETF) targeted on main cryptoassets like bitcoin (BTC) and ethereum (ETH), Ming Pao reported. The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) CEO Leung Fung Yee mentioned that the company has been engaged on establishing a mechanism to authorize the ETF, together with the suitable legal guidelines to govern it.
- US-based personal fairness agency Apollo Global Management (APO) has chosen Anchorage Digital to change into its custodian for cryptoassets, in accordance to a press launch. Anchorage mentioned that it expects to custody a “significant portion” of Apollo’s digital asset portfolio. The former grew to become the primary federally chartered crypto financial institution within the US final yr.
- Crypto lender Hodlnaut reportedly misplaced round $189.7 million due to its publicity to the Terra /LUNA crash. According to Bloomberg, a judicial report alleged that Hodlnaut’s administrators “downplayed the extent of the group’s exposure to Terra/Luna both during the period leading up to and following the Terra/Luna collapse in May 2022”.
- Bitcoin miner Argo Blockchain warned that it may very well be compelled to shut down after a $27 million share sale appeared to have collapsed, sending the inventory plummeting probably the most since its 2018 preliminary public providing, Bloomberg reported, citing an organization assertion. Argo mentioned that it raised about $5.6 million by promoting virtually 4,000 new Bitmain mining machines and is exploring different funding avenues. “Should Argo be unsuccessful in completing any further financing, Argo would become cash flow negative in the near term and would need to curtail or cease operations,” the miner was quoted as saying.
- Decentralized finance (DeFi) platform 1inch introduced the partnership with fintech agency Revolut and the launch of the crypto ‘Learn & Earn’ course as a part of Revolut’s schooling program run with numerous companions. According to a weblog put up, the course teaches key fundamentals of the DeFi house, whereas 1INCH tokens are given as rewards for finishing a lesson.
- The US White House is internet hosting a global assembly in Washington, welcoming officers from 37 international locations and 13 international firms with the objective of addressing the rising risk of ransomware and different cybercrime, together with the illicit use of cryptocurrencies, Reuters reported, citing a senior US official. The White House hopes the assembly will permit collaborating international locations to “institute a set of cyber norms that are recognized across the globe to counter criminal ransomware threats and hold malicious actors accountable,” the official mentioned. Participants plan to problem a joint assertion on the finish of the assembly on Tuesday.
- Bitget introduced the launch of its new function ‘Bitget Insights’, which serves to combine social media with social buying and selling through the trade. The launch signifies the following stage in Bitget’s crypto social buying and selling initiative, mentioned the press launch, including that through this function, merchants can have the chance to glean insights from skilled merchants.
- Michele Foletti, Mayor of Lugano, and Milena Mayorga, El Salvador’s Ambassador to the United States, introduced that the Swiss City of Lugano and the Republic of El Salvador have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on financial cooperation. The announcement was made through the inaugural Plan B Forum. The deal additionally supplies for the bodily presence of a illustration of the Government of El Salvador on the territory of Lugano, which is able to foster cooperation with academic and analysis establishments, encouraging the event of initiatives associated to Bitcoin and blockchain expertise, it mentioned.
- Synonym, a Bitcoin software program firm, has launched Bitkit, a brand new Bitcoin pockets app that options transportable internet profiles and passwordless internet accounts. According to the announcement, Bitkit permits customers to have transportable social profiles, dynamic payable contacts, interoperable information feeds, and many others. It’s powered by the Slashtags protocol, which permits for the derivation of extra key pairs from a normal BIP-39 Bitcoin seed.